Sunday, July 25, 2010

Portrait of Zoe




For the past three days I've been posting images depicting a small 5x7" oil portrait I'm doing of my daughter, Zoe for my step by step album on facebook. Each image represents about an hour's worth of work. I may end up spending 8 hrs. on this sketch. I'm working with real paints again. And my goal eventually is to get fast enough and accomplished enough that I can do at least one of these 5x7's every day. I'm just not fast enough to do that yet so I've been posting in stages. These three images were my sketch of the day July 23rd, 24th & 25th, 2010 on Facebook. I'm using water mixable oil paints. I really love them because they have no odor and are wonderfully easy to clean up and clean the brushes. Only complaint I have is that they seem to be more like alkyds in the way they handle. They are not quite the same as fine oil paints in the way they cover and blend and mix. But I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment