Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Medieval Friar - 001


There are days when it comes naturally and smooth and there are days when it doesn't. Today was a day that wasn't a good sketching day for me. But I slogged ahead and did my 30 minutes anyway. I know deep down that if I continue with the gouache, I will get better and better at it. Today I might have used a brush that too small....I may have let my brush get too dry while painting.... and I sort of got soft in the hand anatomy of the friar's left hand. But half the battle is knowing what is going wrong. Tomorrow I plan to make a better sketch. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Nonetheless, this artwork of the friar is great! I'm excited to see your upcoming works, as we hone our art skills we would get better at it. As you have or haven't known I have a painting blog. If you aren't doing anything you could drop by anytime. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete