Sunday, April 17, 2011

Barnes & Noble Patron-001

Today I went to Barnes and Noble with my wife and daughter. My intention was to sit in the coffee shop there and draw people from life while the girls shopped for books. But they finished their shopping pretty fast. The only drawing I completed was this sketch of a guy's backside. I find it really challenging to sketch strangers in public when I'm looking at them and they are looking at me. It simply gives me the willies. I suppose I need to get over that. I have worked in amusement parks sketching strangers back when I was a young man. But they were all people who wanted to be sketched. I'm not sure how I would feel if I looked up and saw someone sketching me. Anyway today's efforts had mixed results. Yes I drew from life....but.... that life had it's back turned to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment