Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Caricature of Michael Gross





This is the 35th installment of my daily sketches of facebook friends. Michael Gross is someone who's work I admired, especially his art direction of National Lampoon and Heavy Metal magazine. When I started this painting, I reverted to how I paint in oils. I suppose it is because I have been painting in oils lately. And about a minute or two into it when I started painting all sorts of crazy wild colors, I sort of stopped and freaked out, wondering how the heck I was going to paint my way out of this one. But I kept plugging away and it eventually came together. It looks alot more detailed than it is. I used massive sized brushes. I work with an old wacom bamboo digital tablet and photoshop 7. This took about 1 hr 15 min. total to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment