Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rough caricature of Sarah Jessica Parker


Okay, I'm always doodling with my wacom tablet on the computer. It is not like I quit doing my daily sketches, just I've been lax about posting lately. In this sketch, I used a very large brush, which was about 4 times bigger than my comfort zone. I did this so I wouldn't get caught up in all the crazy details I love to render. I wanted to focus on just the broad shapes this sketch. If you squint your eyes so you see the basic shapes of a painting and it looks bad, then all the details and rendering in the world isn't going to make it a better piece. I think Jessica is a very attractive woman. I know that a few of the artists over at caricaturama showdown, the weekly caricature contest on facebook, have made her look like a horse. I personally think strong jaws are very attractive . :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment