Monday, March 8, 2010

Figures on a Japanese Garden Bridge

Someone once said that it takes acres of paper to make an artist.  They should revise that saying for the digital age.... maybe - "It takes gigabytes of storage to make an artist".  Hmmm. Just doesn't sound the same.

Last fall when I was at the Japanese Gardens in Portland, Oregon, I took a snapshot of the central bridge there and it was featured in the center of my photo.  This painting was inspired by a very small section on top the bridge in that photo.  The figures are very small and hard to make out so they are naturally simplified shapes. Looking at them today, I felt it would be fun to paint them with a larger than usual brush size.  I also played around with brush settings.  I'm still experiementing and learning how to paint with a digital tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment